This site is dedicated for helping and supporting PARROTS and their OWNERS

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Live Chat Available on the home page to MEMBERS!!! ----- MORE SPECIAL FEATURES TO COME TO MEMBERS  -----  JOIN NOW ***IT'S FREE***
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 19 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Share | 

Blisters?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DEBBIE
Adult
Adult

Birdie Points : 971

PostSubject: Blisters?   Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:32 pm

Sorry to be a nuisance but i went out tonight leaving a healthy dog but when i came home there was a massive 4 by 4 inch bald patch with what looks like a burst blister, she hasnt burnt herself on anything and closer inspection she has 2 more smaller spots similar. I will be ringing the vets first thing to get her an app, nearly did it tonight but they dont seem to be bothering her and have washed them down in salt water with no problems and sprayed them with purple spray. She was fine a few hours ago!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sweeetnlowww
Adult
Adult

Birdie Points : 775

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:50 am

let us know what you find out, benny gets 'em by the base of his tail, but usually not as big though (same thing?)...keep us posted I love you

you know you've found that special someone when they say those three little words: drinks on me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEBBIE
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:27 am

ts wet eczema, something rotties are prone to apparently, theyre just spreading all over, watched the black peel off her nose during the day!! Got to bathe her with salt water as much as possible, just done it again now and got bitten, it must hurt her cos shes not a bitey type but my hand has a lovely bruise coming up already! spread cream on them as much as possible, shes got steroids and antibiotics and if theres no improvement in next few days she has to have blood tests and probably surgery to remove the skin wherever its affected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sweeetnlowww
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:50 am

bless her, please keep us posted...i've heard of eczema on humans, but never wet eczema ? on dogs...she'll be fine, don't worry I love you she's in good hands

you know you've found that special someone when they say those three little words: drinks on me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEBBIE
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:07 am

Its similar to furunculosis, my dobermann had it years ago, had surgery twice to remove it but it just came back so i ended up leaving it, thats just patches of hard skin all over the body though and doesnt really bother them but this is really sore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cman
Egg
Egg

Birdie Points : 58

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:25 pm

DEBBIE wrote:
Its similar to furunculosis, my dobermann had it years ago, had surgery twice to remove it but it just came back so i ended up leaving it, thats just patches of hard skin all over the body though and doesnt really bother them but this is really sore.

OOh. Sorry about that. Poor thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.firealarmsrme.org/
sweeetnlowww
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:53 pm

benny has an appt wednesday morning for his 'spots' on is behind...it's really itching him lately and seems to be spreading! ...he's going to cjs' dr. this time, as his normal dr. didn't seem to be too concerned, yet I AM! ...keep us posted when you can, deb...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sweeetnlowww
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:05 am

benny went to see cjs' vet today, turns out he has an allergic reaction, typically from fleas although they didn't find fleas on him...but said just one bite could cause this if allergic to them, as benny is...got a shot and some meds, and he's now resting comfortably after his ordeal... I love you

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEBBIE
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:32 am

Poor Benny, Sad hope he feels better soon. Jetta has been very ill, spent a week in the vets hospital and had an operation on her skin as her hair was falling out in clumps and pulling a thick layer of skin off with it, when they clipped the hair round the wounds she had they found her whole body was covered in lesions Sad Theyve since dicovered it was a severe skin infection, theyve never seen it before, i now have a bald dog and a £1000 vet bill. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sweeetnlowww
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:47 am

bless her...i hope she's better now Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sweeetnlowww
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:13 pm

i am starting to worry here, he's on meds i realize, but he's sleeping all day long! (not normal for him)...he almost comatose! it seems...think i should call the vet? or just 'chalk' it up to the meds (antihistamines are known to make u sleepy, i think) Question Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEBBIE
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:44 am

Hows Benny doing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sweeetnlowww
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:11 am

benny's doing well, his scabs on his behind almost healed up Very Happy ...and now that his meds are getting lessened up (one he's done with altogether), his activity level is slowly returning as well...i'm so glad i took him to cjs' vet! to get the problem fixed... Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blisters?   

Back to top Go down

Blisters?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrots Paradise :: Find, Buy or sell & Other :: Other Pets-
Jump to: