This site is dedicated for helping and supporting PARROTS and their OWNERS

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Live Chat Available on the home page to MEMBERS!!! ----- MORE SPECIAL FEATURES TO COME TO MEMBERS  -----  JOIN NOW ***IT'S FREE***
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 19 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Share | 

Found, Grey in North London

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DEBBIE
Adult
Adult

Birdie Points : 971

PostSubject: Found, Grey in North London   Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:31 am

A few days ago an African Grey ended up in our garage looking a bit sorry for itself. It is a little bald around the head and neck and seems to be pretty young - it is still climbing down from perches using its beak - and is fairly small.

We've taken it in and it's living in our kitchen - I even made a screen door so that we could have the back door open without losing the parrot. Although it was obviously confused and distressed when we found it (we kept it over night in an old chicken pen the first night and then I brought it in the house), and he/she couldn't fly without getting confused, it seems to have settled down for the moment. It has a couple of perches on tops of doors and on the fridge and I've been feeding it sunflower seeds, bird mix and grapes (tried tomatoes and oranges and cucumber but doesn't like them). Doesn't seem to drink much water tho.

A friend brought over an old dog cage last night as the parrot had been free in the kitchen during the night - got him in it but he really hated it and sulked this morning when I let him out, he is now suspicious of me but getting back to trusting me again now.

Anyway - he makes a very distinctive sound and has a ring around his leg but no id.

So if anyone knows its owner, please ask them to get in touch.

Meanwhile - just wanted to check I am doing things right. Should I pop him in the cage each night? He is safe in the kitchen if not - no other pets.
He has odd moments when he shakes but I think this is just nerves.
He doesn't talk but moans at me when I put my hand too close. He tries to nip but when he bites, it's not hard and if I leave my finger in his mouth, he gives up.
He sleeps very well, dozes through the day while I work.

Is there anything else I could do to make it happier or to train it to go in the cage?

If no one claims the parrot, I am inclined to keep it - have posted adverts on about every forum that I can find and think of. I've always wanted a parrot..... so beaut
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Found, Grey in North London
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrots Paradise :: Find, Buy or sell & Other :: Lost & Found-
Jump to: