This site is dedicated for helping and supporting PARROTS and their OWNERS

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Live Chat Available on the home page to MEMBERS!!! ----- MORE SPECIAL FEATURES TO COME TO MEMBERS  -----  JOIN NOW ***IT'S FREE***
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 19 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Share | 

Lost grey in Weston Favell Northhampton

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DEBBIE
Adult
Adult

Birdie Points : 971

PostSubject: Lost grey in Weston Favell Northhampton   Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:05 am

Hi
I’m emailing you for some advice and hoping that you can give me a little encouragement that I will get my boy back.

He went missing on Saturday at 2pm. I’m sure you have heard the story a thousand times before. He flew out of the patio door and through the conservatory. We can only assume that something spooked him as it’s never happened before. Not that we are in the habit of leaving the back door open.

He took off like a swan in flight and whilst it was amazing to watch it’s been devastating ever since. I didn’t think he would ever land. I didn’t even see where he landed as he went over houses.

I was straight out the door and searching for him. There was 4 of us searching in the end. Within two hours we had leaflets out. I have called everyone I can think of, vets, schools allotments, radio stations, shops and news agents and parks. Leaflets to many residential houses too.

I have read on web sites that it could take weeks if not months to get him back. What scares me at the moment and keeps me awake at night is not knowing how he will survive. The weather hasn’t been particularly kind with strong winds and heavy rain. Temperatures have dropped too.

I would just like to know that he will be ok…..I know you may not be able to put my mind at rest fully but understanding how these animals adapt would be good. Will he perish from the cold, will he die of hunger, when will he come to ground to feed, when is someone likely to see him?

I’m sorry for sounding completely irrational but any advice that you can give me would be greatly received and appreciated.
Cross posted
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Lost grey in Weston Favell Northhampton
Page 1 of 1